The Wealth Management Consultative Process
The Zero Pressure Process™
Over the past thirty years, we’ve worked through numerous market conditions — crashes, bull markets, bear markets, bubbles, recessions, expansions, political conflicts, and tax environments. We've seen a wide variety of client situations and created customized plans to effectively address critical questions such as:
- Can I retire without any real concern about running out of money?
- Do my investments align with my plans and lifestyle?
- Am I paying too much in taxes and fees?
We document and deliver answers to these questions in a personalized draft retirement investment strategy. There is no cost or obligation for this because we want you to be sure that we can help you before you pay us a penny in fees or entrust us with a single dollar of your hard-earned money.
Step 1 – Initial Phone Call
- Before committing your time or ours, this 15-minute call gives us both an opportunity to ensure your situation matches our expertise. If not, we’ll gladly point you in the right direction.
Step 2 – Discovery Meeting
- During this one-hour meeting, we learn more about you and your family to gain clarity about your goals and objectives. If we have a good fit, we create the first draft of your personalized investment strategy and retirement plan. There is no cost or obligation.
Step 3 – Investment Plan Meeting
- During this one-hour meeting, we review the critical points of your plan. First, we review our Discovery Meeting notes to ensure we understand your unique situation. Then, we summarize our recommendations, answer all your questions, and precisely document the fees and costs associated with your plan.
Step 4 – Sleep on It
- At this point, many folks want to move forward. However, we recommend that you take your draft investment plan home and review it without us looking over your shoulder. Hiring a financial advisor is a significant decision, so taking your time is essential. Experience tells us that this process fosters the beginning of a client/advisor relationship built on mutual trust and respect.
Step 5 – Q&A / Mutual Commitment Meeting
- During this meeting, we discuss any questions. Then, if appropriate, we execute the paperwork to bring you on as a client. Darlene Eisel, our service manager, will ensure that all transfers and deposits go smoothly and will keep you informed throughout the process.
Step 6 – 45-day Follow-Up Meeting
- During this meeting, we update you on any deposits and investment transfers, review your plan's implementation status, review our investment philosophy and how we invest your hard-earned money and show you how to log in to view your accounts and financial plan.
Ongoing Relationship Management
- For the life of our relationship, we seek to foster open and transparent communication between our team and your family. To do so, we’ve established the following protocol:
- First and foremost, we encourage you to call us anytime you have a question about anything whatsoever. We’re here to help, and we’re easy to reach.
- Regular Progress Meetings (face to face or virtual).
- Quarterly Phone Calls.
- Monthly Newsletter/Market Updates.
- Semi-Annual Client Events.
It’s deliberately relaxed, informal, and friendly – but most of all, open in both directions. That’s why we call it The Zero Pressure Process™.